What A Wonderful World

Sunday 6 July 2008



Is the world really gonna end on 2012? Google that and you can find many articles on this. Will i still be around then? I dunno and i dread to even think about it. I fear death and i prefer to evade this discussion.


The world has become such an unfriendly place to live in. There are too many delicate issues surrounding mankind today. The pollutions, politics, natural calamities, famines, over-population, terrorism, environmental issues, resources depletion and i'm sure many of you will come up with a much better list than my small brain can.


I like how the world was when i was young, it all seemed so rosy, nice and very sweet. I knew nothing of the aforementioned problems the world had and i probably wouldn't understand any bit of it. I was happily enjoying the world i was in. Although i had to ask very hard for a strawberry shortcake doll but i have a very happy childhood that i'm proud of. Dad drove us round Malaysia during the school holidays, we drove from state to state, stopping to take pictures here and there and to have small quick meals. During those times there weren't any North-South Expressway, we had to drive past small towns, making the journey three times longer than what it would have been today. There were six of us then, Dad, Mom, two older sisters and an older brother. Being the youngest, i was pampered by Dad but not overly pampered since i had to ask very hard for that strawberry shortcake doll didn't i? :)


I remembered how the four of us had to squeeze behind in Dad's car, and when we slept, our legs were all over each other. I remembered how once the air condition broke down halfway on the one of the trips, we wind down the windows and let the strong gust of wind blowing straight to our oily faces. Dad played our favorite kiddie songs and we sang along to it, clapping and making funny sounds. Those glorious days. I never grow bored reminiscing those times.


Now, older, jaded and sometimes cynical, i'm glad to have my little sunshine who never fail to make me see rainbows after each downpour.


No matter how the world turned out to be, all we need are our loved ones and friends to make it a better place for us.


Let's take a pause, sit back, have a look around and enjoy the rainbow while it last.




mecabbagea




DSC05613

They keep me sane @ home




babyme1

:)




Xmascard2007B copy

They keep me sane @ work




1aDSC03109

This fella keeps me sane at all times!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you don't know me. I entered your blog through the sgblogawards website. I just want to say that you are a great mother and I'm so touched and inspired by your love for your son. He's such a handsome chap. I'm voting for you!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Your son is very handsome and cute.

Shanewei said...

Thank you Chan and Jason :)