Shanewei - The Beginning

Wednesday 2 July 2008


Yesterday evening, i turned on my MSN, something i have not done for eons and immediately, a message came blinking. No lah, it's not some salacious propositions from Edison Chen. We definitely move in very different circles.


The message was from X-Man, asking about Shane and then he asked about me which he hasn't for the last three years. I told him about this Blog Award thingy and implored him to vote for me.


No, i take that back, i think i told him that if he didn't vote for me, i would splash all his triple X pictures on my site. Now that the traffic here has picked up tremendously, X-Man would be the next 'famous' face in Singaporeland and i'm very sure, his pictures would ahhhemm... put Edison Chen to shame!! :)


X-Man asked, "You very freeee hor"


To answer to that, i think i am.


It all happened when i finally plucked out my courage to tell X-Man for the last time, 'Good-Bye'. That was Year 2005. Long story cut short, me and Shane moved into a nice little apartment and re-started our life. Finally i was at peace with the world.


With just the two of us, i did away with the maid, handling all by myself, which at times was a little too overwhelming. My daily weekdays routine was almost the same: in the morning, dropped little Shane at his playschool before rushing to work. After work, picked him up, cooked, washed, played and put him to bed. Whatever was left of the day was Mummy's self indulgence time.


And during one of these Mummy's Time, i discovered a whole new world on the internet - blogging.


I started writing on Moblog end July 2005, making many friends along the way. Most of my wonderful memories are left on Moblog so if you are keen on a little walk down my memorylane, pop over there. Get your popcorns and Diet Coke ready plus maybe, a box of tissue! Moblog has a very interesting platform that link bloggers to each other which resulted in a very lively and 'interactive' blogsite. You can also update and send MMS straight to your blog from your mobile phone. Go visit Moblog and you know what i mean.


Back then, i didn't realised Moblog was that 'interactive' until i posted my first entry - Moving On By Letting Go. People started to read about me. They seemed to like what i wrote and kept coming back for more. Or maybe it was their sympathy for me. Or maybe they were just curious.


As much as i enjoy Moblog, i also like a site where i can doodle with a little html. Thus the birth of shanewei@blogspot. In fact, i registered my blogspot first on June 2005 but i failed badly at trying to create a masterpiece. Learning html is like trying to read Hebrew. I gave up until late last year where blogspot's interface became friendlier.


So there my friend, if you are a first time reader, a short insight of my humble beginning.


Btw, i do not give out my mobile number. If you insist on wanting it, please read, Hi, My Mobile Number Is....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha ok !! I'l come visit ya when i'm nt flyin durin one of these days ok ! Meet you for lunch @ lau pa sat :)

Anonymous said...

moblog used to be fun but its boring to mi now. it luks even more dead without the grid gers. if not for viewing my 3 fav grid gers(namely: esther low, felicia goh and anna chua) i wudnt be interested to post anything there.

btw i voted 4 u lor! tis coming CNY u MUST gib mi one BIG-BIG angpao k haha..

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

drop by to say hello :) hope u are doing fine yah. Yup yup

Shanewei said...

Shufang: I'm still waiting..!

Gymrat: thanks..! moblog is like me bloggy hometown :)

Terrence: Thanks for dropping by. Hope you are fine too ya..!