I Love You or You Love Me

Sunday 20 July 2008



I was in the midst of writing my article for T3 when my ipod started playing this song. I stopped in the middle of the sentence and let my mind wanders. To a long forgotten entry i had.


Can love ever be that simple?


I remember when i was young, i often dream of falling passionately in love with an imaginary man who will ride a white horse wearing that darn shining armour. Okay, forget about the horse and the armour, maybe, a Kawasaki motorbike and a simple plain white shirt will do. As long as he loves me to heaven, i will marry him.


Then as i grow older, i realised, it's not enough just to have some guy who loves you dearly. It's not enough even if he's willing to fly you to the moon or get you that huge red rock from Mars just so you can auction it off on Ebay for fun. Not when you don't even love him that teeny weeny lil' bit.


I began to also understand that having a relationship with some man who doesn't give two hoots about you won't work either. Especially when you happened to love that man to the sky, ever ready to start the bungee jumping trend down from New Asia Bar if he ever casually asked you to.


So, tell me, which is better:


"To marry someone you love to death or to spend the rest of your life with someone you don’t love but who loves you dearly?"


For me, i want to marry someone whom i love and one who loves me back. Coz only then can i be truly happy.


Tell me, am i too idealistic?



6 comments:

^^TeReNcE^^ said...

I opted for the 1st :)

Drop by to say Hello! :) stay cheerful and pretty

Anonymous said...

I Like bungee jumping actually. Tried once. Exhilarating. I have no comments on love, not a topic I'm familiar with.

Anonymous_X said...

You are too idealistic.

This world needs more people like you...

Anonymous said...

for me...i also want to be with someone who i love & love me too...i believe that it is possible but may be abit harder to find...but if i marry someone that i love and she does not love me...i believe as times goes on...my love for her will also die off...i will not hope for perfect but abit of mix & match is good enough for me...

waitingkitty said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and I thought that I should drop a message to say "Hello!"
Maybe I'm an optimist but I think that to find someone you love and who also loves you back should be the right thing to do. It's hell living with someone who is not that into you!
I was divorced almost 8 years ago and I have 2 children(1 girl & 1 boy). My ex didn't love me enough and I couldn't take the torture. Being away from him opened up my world and I got married again 2 years ago. My husband now loves me and my 2 kids just the way I would want to be loved and of course I love him as much.
Cheers! :D

Shanewei said...

Terrence: Yes, ideally, option one is what everyone wanted and actually i do think most people marry for love, no?

* * *

Tony: Oh, you did try, but bungee jumping is actually not for me, i'm not that brave.

* * *

A_X: Haha, and you're not the first to say i'm idealistic. Not so sure if the world needs more people like me tho.

* * *

Fong: Mix & Match? Like selecting what to wear on a friday evening? :) Mix & Match is good, but i'm someone with a bad dress sense, so i prefer to tread in my safe zone.

* * *

Kitty: Thanks for reading. I visited your blog, i like what i read there. You are a smart cookie!! Know what, for the longest time, i believe in giving chances to people i love and more often than not, i neglected myself. So, after much deliberation, i decided to give myself a second chance at life and a possible love. Although i don't have the kind of love i wanted but i'm truly happy where i am now. May you be blessed always Kitty and your loving family, esp the two angel you spoke about. xx