Oh What A Week

Sunday 13 July 2008



The perks of working in my firm? Apart from the occassional parties, it is our very frequent Eating and Drinking.


I have gained 7 kilos since 2005. It's no joke and it's hard to shed fats, especially when one is getting old. I have also became an 'alcoholic' officially. We have wines like twice a week (thanks to Champion) and we also have a mini bar in our pantry. As and when we are 'thirsty', we made our own drinks. Most recently, me and Sister Scarlett concocted our 'Longan-tini'.. :) No picture to show you unfortunately.


And last week alone, i had the pleasure of having one very good lunch and one very good dinner.


My very good lunch was at Nicholas Le Restaurant. This unassuming French restaurant is located @ Keong Saik Road. Its decor is simple with a few thai paintings and the food is also garnished simply.





BUT i tell ya, the food is oh-so-yummilicious. For S$38+++, we got a very value-for-money set lunch. Here's what Dora, Karen, Pammie and me had.


Entree:

food






Main:

food



Couldn't find the pic of our dessert that day. Really, i do like this restaurant apart from Ember, which is just across the road. I'm sure i'll be back again, if not for the food, then is for that cute chef :)


My very good dinner was at Au Petit Salut @ Harding Road courtesy of Mommy Al & Mr. Fangtastic. It's a well-deserved promotions dinner. We had a truly great evening, very loud and very ourselves. Fortunately, no one threw us out.


















Wines from Champ's private cellar:






Again, i couldn't find the dessert picture - Orange and Grand Marnier soufflé with chocolate truffle.


So you see, it's hard to lose weight in my firm, unless i change my job. I find it so hard to resist these glorious food and fine wines but yet at times, i'm so sick of them. Anyway, have you watch Wall.E yet? I have not but Shane has smugly announced that he has to watch it. He saw the trailer last year and it has now became his current obsession.




And what's my current obsession??

With my trusted helper at home, i can only practise my cooking on Nintendo DS.





Time to sleep...


Btw, a big thank you to those who voted for me for the Singapore Blog Awards - Best Individual 2008 and continue to do so ya..


BIG KISS..xx




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no fat no fat, just chuby and cute and btw good luck for the SBA.

Anonymous said...

hi, where did u get de wall.e robot? I thot of getting one for my son too...
Thanks for sharing!

Shanewei said...

Tony: You are always so kind with your comments, thanks.. xx

Angela: Toys 'R Us.. last i check, there are still plenty! Btw, Wall.E won't be out in the cinema until August 28. Enjoy.