OktoberSixteen

Thursday 16 October 2008



Finally, after many weeks of sleepless nites, technical glitches, html struggles, trials, testings, css scripts, liquid templates and the uncountable self-inflicted pains (like banging my head on the wall), i am ecstatically thrilled to officially launch my little e-store:





It's my accessories site, lovingly handmade by me of course :)


So now, you can go tell your mothers, grandmothers, wives, girlfriends, sisters, aunts, partners, everyone you can think of.


I know my store may not be that professionally done like many of the beautiful e-stores on the net you can find because yours truly can only afford to hire the cheapest designer and one she can trust and bully to do all her biddings wihout feeling guilty. Haha.


You see, Yours Truly hired Yours Truly :) So really, if things are not working fine when it should, or if you are a html master or have brilliant ideas to enhance and make my store better, will you please, please, send me an email?


Right now, my little mind is bursting with too many creative ideas that I cannot wait to share them with you. From the setting up of this store to hand making all the accessories, photographing and editing them and to how each purchase will be packaged and shipped, every single detail has been dealt with great effort and care. As i embark on this journey, at the same time, i humbly invite everyone of you to walk along with me.


With regards to my store name, it didn't take me very long to come out with it. And OktoberSixteen means a lot to me.


It not only is an avenue for my creative ideas to flow unrestrictedly (beauty is subjective isn't it?) but most importantly, the name marked a significant event in my life - the birth of my Shining Star.


Hence, OktoberSixteen is launched today on October 16, 2008 to coincide with my Shining Star's birthday. And another coincidental reason i just discovered is my Shining Star turns seven today. Well, not that i didn't know he turns seven but seven happens to be my lucky number.


So it seems that everything is laying out nicely for me at this moment (okay, with the exception of Shane's minor fall) and now if money can drop from the sky, my life would be perfect!


I'm off to work later today and my Shining Star will be coming with me. I plan to take him for a romantic dinner after work, just the two of us, to celebrate his birthday and the launch of OktoberSixteen. I like to introduce him to some interesting local 'fine dining'. You will never believe this but i made two reservations at two different restaurants. Till now, i haven't quite make up my mind yet on which to go. Depending on my mood at 5pm, i might just cancel both and go on a different direction.


That's just me, the spontaneous indecisive girl that sometimes can turn a little evil (dependingonthetargets).



Shane