Addicted to Popcorn

Wednesday 1 October 2008



I once said i don't enjoy eating popcorn unless i'm at the movies (see here). But this has since changed. I'm into eating popcorn now. It all started when Shane has his usual violin and drum classes on Saturday. There were free popcorns given by the management. Once Shane couldn't finish his pack and since i always preached to him not to waste food, i must set a good example. I finished the popcorn for him and now, i'm addicted to it. It's like new discovery for me. I can eat the whole pack by myself, not sharing one single bit with Shane. Sometimes i even nudged him to go get another one for me as it's actually for kids not for big buffaloes like me.


Last Saturday, after i finished my usual pack of popcorn, like a pregnant woman, i craved for more. So I went to the cinema and bought myself a regular size popcorn while Shane was in the music class. That regular size cost me $7! I find it ridiculous paying so much for popcorn and reckoned that i should buy my own popcorn making machine. So today, i'm going round town searching for one.


pm2

I'm going to get something like this.


If i can't get one from Singapore or Malaysia, i will consider buying from Neiman Marcus. I gather if i make one 'regular sized' pack a day, i would sort of 'recover' back what i paid for the machine (plus shipping) by my thirtieth home-made pack. Isn't it so? And if i get bored with my job, i will go sell popcorn. And if you happen to see me selling my popcorn, come get one free pack from me. i will also give you a free can of coke to go along with your popcorn. I know, i'm so generous :)


While i go searching for my popcorn machine, i leave you with this song- คิดถึงเธอทุกที (ที่อยู่คนเดียว) by Calories Blah Blah.


This is the other version of the same song i introduced few months back by Koh Mr. Saxman, featuring Jennifer Kim. I'm not sure which one i prefer most, i do like the jazzy lazy version by Mr. Saxman but i like this duet cover by Calories too.


Visit this link here to hear Mr. Saxman version and tell me which one you like.