Throw A Rotten Apple Away?

Sunday 19 February 2006




Nay, I'm not stooopid too okay!!


Yep, finally caught this show. Alone. Shane went to Papa's place and will be back today (he's back!! XOXO).


Anyway, Mommy had a break. A holiday.


I like this INS2 show. Emotionally, it strikes a chord with me, hits me most of the times. If i were to watch this show in my teens, i guess i would not be feeling this way. Being a mother, a parent, it has changed my perspective of many things in life. It opened my eyes to see where my parents were coming from before.


I'm not shy to say this, but i was holding and clenching my tissues very hard and kept dabbing the corner of my eye. Yup, i was teary and easily at that all the time. Call me a crying barrel. The scene that made me use more than 3 tissues - when Jerry actually stole money to reach his $500 target to buy an hour of his Dad's time to watch him in his school performance as the lead! It left me thinking: have we as parents, more often than not, forgot to take a pause from our busy rat-race life to really spent some quality times with our kids? Are money really the best substitute for a parent's love?


These days, it is actually not easy being someone's Daddy or Mommy as compared to the older days. It’s much challenging than before. Children in the past or during my time were not being exposed to the many TV programmes or Cable TV or PSP or Xbox or iPod or Pokemon cards or Internet or Gaming or E-Zone or what-have-you-now. Teenagers or kids as young as nine years old in this age already owned a mobile phone, mind you, not the big heavy black-and-white-waterbottle type okay, but the latest 3G phone!! Naturally, being a parent, you can't help but feel the stress. Not only do you have to work hard to provide for them the best that you can, but you worried that they might be influenced by all these external forces which may slowly turn them into a pawn for the dark side. Parents worry too much for their kids. From every simple little things to applying leaves during PSLE to coach them. They will not stop worrying even if their kid is now a 50 year-old white hair old man/woman!


Being parents, we began nurturing our kids the day they were born. We started to mold them to what we think are good for them, for their future, so that they will live a better life than ourselves. By doing so, we tend to forget that kids are not robot, they are not someone whom you can control with just a few button pressing. Rather, they are humans, like us parents. Long gone are those i-am-your-father-and-so-you-must-do-as-i-said days.


Ahhh….so much, so much…..long short, it's not easy being parents, and it's also not easy being kids either.


Anyways, i spent a rather nice Saturday yesterday and a nice Sunday today!


Rushed to JB on Saturday morning to attend to something and came right out again. Watched INS2. After the show, i went on a mini shopping spree. Gee, i luuurvveee shopping, it just makes me very happy although my pockets were screaming murder at me!! That's easy, i put on ear plugs, freshly purchased too!! : )


Bought a few..okaylah, guilty, a lot! Best of all, I finally bought my Nokia N70! My Sony K750i was down, so that explains why i did not mms-blog @ Moblog but hey, watch out Moblog, i am gonna mms-drown' you soon!! But i realised that the N70 is quite retard, everything is so slow-motioned! The keypad is a bit too small and soft for my rough fat fingers. Know what, i'm now eyeing the K610i !! Going forward, should i have to leave town for work or anything, i can '3G' Shane from wherever i am!! He has memorized my mobile number and thanks to this, my mobile bill for last month was $300++... coz Shane kept dialling my number every 5 minutes for the first day when i was in Bangkok! But what's $300 if i can get to hear his sweet voice right??


Don't you think this is pure SEXY? I'm gonna get this model in RED!!


At nite, met up with a very good ‘sister’ who has the same name as me. Went to our favourite Thai Pub @ GM. It was our favourite place or rather, our ‘home ground’.


I like it there. Folks there are pretty much themselves, unpretentious and very at ease. But the place has gone under some sort of a complete makeover that it now looks completely different from before. Although it’s classier, cleaner, nicer, but I still prefer the run-down, dirty back alley look. That place holds a lot of memories for me.


The Thai Pub six months back was very much the Ratchada type. Now, with the new look, gone are the homely feelings but I still enjoy going there. The DJs are like old friends to me, they will play my favourite songs when i’m there. And seeing old familiar faces. Ahh...welcome back !! Do you know the song ‘Numa Numa’ – by Ozone was already been played there since end 2004?? It was only during the Chicken Little trailer that people started to take notice. Bet you didn't know that right!


And finally today i got to enjoy my birthday pressie from last year! My boss, whom all of us called affectionately, 'Champion', is the kindest, most forgiving and generous boss ever!! He employed me even though i was heavily pregnant with Shane. I was already in my 7th month then!! i looked like a clumsy cream puff (oily & fat) and was very much a little Miss Piggy or a baby Jumbo or what i used to tell my friends, a Bak-Chang!!! Champion paid me my salary in full when i was away on maternity leave although i was employed less than six months! Under the MOM regulations, the employer has a right not to pay salary when a female worker goes for her maternity leave if she is employed less than six months! I am very fortunate to meet such a nice kind boss and therefore, i don't mind working extra late hours for him.


This pressie from him was a delightful spa with massage!! The spa is located at River Valley and i had a nice rose scrub and a great massage!! Thanks Champion!!


Ahh..when Baby Bird is not around, Mommy Bird turned into a crazy narcissist again.