So What??

Monday 6 February 2006



Every parents love their kids, this I'm very sure. Even if they hated the birth of every other kids alive, but theirs are the treasure, the precious, the most beautiful creation ever, the super-clever-kids and the only reason why they are still breathing and slogging their hours away!!


Yes, definitely. Which parents don't? I love kids, even if they are not my own or a little naughty or mischievious but remember, kids are still kids. If kids can understand logic and simple reasonable explanation in one sentence, they are not kids, they are SUPER-MIRACLE kids!! The ones you seen on TV: the non-existent type!!


I was at the playground this evening with Shane. Shane still can't get over the fact that he had a new bicycle (albeit two weeks already). Every evening, he will pester me to allow him to ride his bicycle and play at the playground. Today, the same. I obliged. After the whole day of being cooped up in school, he deserved to run around, play freely.


And so, my Shane was riding his bicycle. He accidentally 'crashed' into another kid at the playground, an older boy actually. A boy, who can speak much eloquently than my boy and of a slightly bigger built. The boy wasn't hurt and he was demanding an explanation from Shane, and after which, his friend came to help to 'talk'.


I watched from afar. I didn't wanna get involve or help him yet but of course, should they dare to lay a single finger on my kid, they wouldn't have a chance to run to their parents to get help! As you know, I'm petite and therefore, quite light. Oh I forgot to mention, I was a sprinter in school too and I did long jumps!!

I stood there, waiting to see what Shane would do to get himself out of the situation. But Shane, I think he has got this: 'I'm not in the wrong attitude', he refused to apologize. He insisted that it was because he couldn't brake in time and the boy was the one came running fast towards him!


In fact, I was quite proud of my boy in a way. He did not, for once, look over at my end for help. Neither did he run away. He just stood there, facing the wrath of the two boys, and stood firm on his ground. This boy has a lot of pride in him.


I watched in silence. Somehow, the older boy decided to just forget it. I had it in my mind to lecture Shane too when we get home later.


Shane rode off in his bike again. I decided to tail him this time, following him wherever his bike took him, at my own walking pace.


I stopped near the sliding tube and there was this asshole dad who looked at me and asked:


"Is that your son?"

"Yes" I answered.

"Can you ask him not to cycle in the playground?" he barked in an asshole way.

I was pissed. I asked him arrogantly:

"WHY?"

"Because there are other kids playing here"

"SO?"

"Because it's dangerous and he just knocked a boy"


I looked at him with a face that could killed a million ants and said " I don't get what you are trying to say!" blinked at him with my super EN-LARGED eyes and walked off!!


What an idiot!! If I could tail my son at my own-tortoise-slow pace, I don't see how he can seriously injured anyone?????? Yeah, that asshole had his own little girl climbing the tube, but SO??? Must he asked in such a rude way??


And not only was that boy whom Shane accidentally crashed into was much older, he was actually playing 'catching' with another boy when the crash happenned! So tell me, who was in the wrong??


Yesterday, I saw a few kids playing frisbee at the playground despite the frowns of the many parents there.


The evening before, I saw two kids riding motorized kids car and police scooter round the playground, which I must say, that motorized machines may not be that easy to halt compared to a four-year-old-boy-laboured bicycle!!


What nuts was that asshole barking about??


Was it because I look petite and young that he thought I was easy to bully?? If it was Shane's dad or any other man, keeping an eye on him that evening, would that asshole dare to tell him off!!


If I see him again at the playground or anyway in the compound, trust me, I will stare right through his bone and make him will feel as though he had died and gone to hell!!!


I'm not that unreasonable nor over-protective of my kid, but the fact is if that asshole had tried to politely engage in a civilised courteous way of expressing his concern, I would have responded in a polite manner too.


What an arrogant dimwit!


No comments: