Me: A Gadget Queen

Sunday 26 February 2006




I'm a gadget queen, but mind you, not those chain and whip type.


I'm talking about all the cutesy-thingy-techy-gadget. My magazine racks are filled with mostly Stuffs and T3. If you're lucky, you may be able to dig out some girlie mags though the chance is slim to none. Though i do love girlie mags like Her World, Cleo etc, but no thanks, i hardly buy them unless they have a section on how-to-grow-thick-beautiful-long-lashes-in-two-days or how-to-lengthen-your-legs-the-natural-way or trimmer-flatter-tummy-in-one-simple-exercise: Results Guaranteed in 5 Days!! Flipping thru them at Times or MPH or 7/11 is more than enough for me. These mags have more ads than anything, going thru them is like staring @ a non-stop commercial for 10 minutes!


But not Stuffs or T3. I so love reading them. I used to buy T3, the UK version. Not only are they more expensive, some gadgets featured may not even be available locally, but its such a fascinating feast to read about them!! Oh, what a joy.


Yesterday, went shopping with my young man. Supposedly to be only window-shopping. We were at Wisma Sony Gallery (I'm a Sony fan!!) looking at those super sexy Vaios and Digicams. i have bought 3 Sony Digicams so far, WS1, T1 and T3, all within one month of each other. WS1 is good and can run on normal alkaline batt and I thought it's good for travelling, don't have to lug those hateful cables and wires around but soon, i hated its huge bod and passed that down to Dad. T1 is good, except I don't quite like the sliding-down-cover-turn-on mode, so i passed that to my brother. I'm currently using T3. I like T3 but wish that it has a USB port on the body itself.


Shane was smittenned with the PSP though. I love PSP too but not that madly in love but Shane was hooked on it. He already had a Game Boy Advance at home, but the damn cartridge gets friggin hung every few minutes!! He love cars (is it a boy thing??) and was playing the Ridge Racer on the display PSP set. He was so super-glued to it.


Da... da... da..., di... di... di..., i bought for him!! Yeah, go ahead and said i spoilt my kid.


But now, i'm hooked on it as well!! The screen resolution is smashing!! And rumour has it that there's a new 8GB flash memory PSP in development!! Maybe i'll get one for myself next!! And oh, btw, the 1GB memory stick duo price has gone down to about S$140 and 2GB is now at S$270. Maybe this is old news to you but i just found out on Saturday!




I 'dressed-up' Shane's PSP with this skin from Decalgirl. You can get it at Takashimaya for S$19.90. They have skins for your ipod and Creative gadgets too. In various styles and colors. Smart!! The casing is from Logitech.




Btw, meet Shane's new friends: Jay Jay, Raven Evan & Tracy