. . .

Sunday 3 August 2008



Yesterday, Shane spent the whole day with Papa.


Papa went with him to his school family day carnival, took him for lunch, shopping for toys, send him to his violin class and after that the three of us had dinner @ Aquamarine (Marina Mandarin Hotel). Little Shane was very happy of course. The last time the three of us had a meal together was in December 2006. A day after that, i penned down an entry:


Almost Perfect
(December 10, 2006)



Spent half a day with X-man and Shane yesterday. We met for lunch. It took us so long to finally be able to see each other face-to-face without animosity. Little Shane, naturally, was very happy to be able to spend the day with the two person that matter most to him, both at the same time. But still, I cannot fathom why he always like to choose the most inappropriate time to ask his innocent question; he asked Papa three times, "Do you love Mommy?" and Papa found it awkward as much as Mommy did and I almost felt the urge to stuff his mouth full with the spaghetti that arrived at our table only five minutes ago.


We caught up a little on each other's lives. We talked about my new role. We discussed Shane's well-being. We joked a little. It was a pleasant Saturday afternoon. Nothing heavy and no emotion running freely. And I must say, X-man still look as dashing as before. We spent the next hour at the game arcade where we raced each other on the screen. Thanks to my past months crash-driving lessons, I defeated an angry Shane who was sitting on Papa's laps holding the wheel while Papa stepped on the 'accelerator'. We watched our first movie - the three of us. We shared nachos, we had hot dogs. It was almost perfect.


We went to the supermart, and it seemed so natural for him to help me with the heavy basket, helped me to take down the milk powder for Shane from the top shelf, helping me with the shopping bags and driving us home. In short, it was the perfect scene for any family potrait. For some, this may be a typical normal day. For me and Shane, these are gonna be lifetime treasured moments.


Strange was it not, we could never do this while we were together. Now we can start off being friends again, something I longed to do very much after the divorce, and it began yesterday.


I once told Strawberry Aud that were I to choose again, I will still choose to spend my life with X-man, except I will live it differently. That was how much I loved him.


Although I cannot foresee the future, I have zero knowledge of God's plan for me but for now, I cherish this renewed friendship and despite the glee in X-mom's voice this morning when Shane told her about our outing, I do not harbour any hope for a future.


Because, I was bitten many times.


Because, I have no more courage left in me.


Or maybe because, my heart has somehow, run away to another.




Yesterday's feelings was nothing like before. This time, it was just like a meetup with an old friend. And i was constantly teasing him about a certain - Elephant Glue girl (she was actually named 'Superglue' but i thought Elephant Glue sounds apt for her coz i remember seeing an advert long ago that this type of glue can hold an elephant still. Wow, certainly sounds darn super strong neh). But no, X-man wasn't angry with me for calling her EGG coz i think he secretly agrees with me too!! I will tell you more about this EGG one day.


Anyway, just some random mundane stuff i did for the past week. Shane kept talking about the 'minute steak' he discovered while we were in Brisbane.



Shane having his minute steak in Brisbane



Another steak he had.


In fact, we had many steaks when we were in Brisbane. I don't know about you but the weather, the mood, the surroundings just made us hungry for more steaks. Plus, i wasn't in a hurry to finish all my meals, so steaks seemed like the perfect choice for a slow dinner and nice wine.


So, one fine Sunday, i decided to make him a 'minute steak'! A minute steak, to put it simply, is a thinly sliced red meat that takes no longer than a minute to cook each side. As the topside beef i bought was rather thick, i used the food hammer and hammered it gently to the desired thickness i want. I marinated it with a little teriyaki sauce, crushed pepper, salt and leave it in the fridge for at least one hour.



I used planta margerine to pan fried the beef. That day, i used quite a big chunk though.



Tada.. i know very simple, shall introduce more stuffs for him next time.


And before i end this entry, i wish you all will have a not-so-blue Monday tomorrow and beware when you are out coz i heard, the Chinese 7th Month is here!!






2 comments:

waitingkitty said...

It's good that you can meet up with your ex with your son for meals. I still cannot meet with my ex after being divorced for 8 years. He's still angry that I left him...Sigh.

Shanewei said...

Kitty: One day i'm sure you are able to :)