Have You Seen A Whale?

Wednesday 30 April 2008



You might if you have yesterday's Digital Life and read my interview on "Wired Mummy". Wahhhhhhhhh okay, you know why, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (cried somemore).


Don't get me wrong, i love the article written by Yuen-C. She made me feel wonderful about myself and for once, i think i'm in love with me :) and if i can marry myself, i will promptly do so. But i honestly cannot say the same for the picture. Although everyone in the office assured me (at first) that i 'looked good' but the truth soon came out, one by one. They said the picture didn't do me justice.. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh (Cried even louder, sorry if i soak your sleeve accidentally, but don't worry, my tears are clean and in fact, they are very precious, so keep them safe somewhere and trade them for rice when the supplies go down again). They said i look prettier and of course slimmer in person (i know darlingggsss) but still, the whole Singapore saw that ugly picture...Granted, i'm not your super-slim-girl-next-door and i have horrible pictures taken by Fen and the rest but it's still nicer than the one published na...Wahhhhhhhhhhhh


When PH came for drinks with Champion later that evening, i jokingly asked them both whether can they call a certain Mr P. Daniel to arrange another shoot since they know him so well? PH promised to ask when Mr. Daniel is back from wherever he is, haha! But to be honest, taking such picture is really stressful, i feel like i have a whole load of stones in me (no wonder that added pounds to the pic, haha ;p). Kat texted me, saying i looked fabulous, more than Diana Ser. Oh com'on, i honestly don't think so and i know she was trying to soothe my wound. Kat herself looked gorgeous when she appeared on those high-life magazines and Business Times but me? i looked like a big fat whale trying to sit still, with wobbly fat fingers holding an ultra slim phone. What a perfect combination! Have you seen the 200 pound beauty korean movie? Yah, something like that. I cringe at the sight of that picture and if i have a way, i would have bought up all the papers that day! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....


Aud said it was the lens the photographer used, Chris and many others said it was the wrong angle taken from below, Lynn said it was because i was seated. But the same lens must have been used for the other two celebrities as well and they definitely must have many shots taken from different angles too. Anyway... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..


Okay now, i'm tired from crying too much ;p. Have a good Labour Holiday tomorrow. Go have fun, eat and make merry. As for me, i shall stay home with my wild-rocket salads and plain water.




And btw, i leave you a much 'accurate' picture lest your mind kept wandering to that whale.. haha :)



8 comments:

Rachel said...

Have fun too, dear Angie. :) U look fab, as usual. Dont worry k. if u cry too much u wont look nice yah. Have a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

What whale? Nonsense sweet! If you are whale, what about me? U are still my gorgeous girl Nong. x

Shanewei said...

hello rachel.. thanks for your kind words :)

Pee ja, thanks na kha, thought you said you will never leave me a comment here?? ;p love u na xxx

Anonymous said...

wow..looks cute :D

Annie said...

Hey i read e article too. I find all 3 ladies are gorgeous!!

*cheers*

Love,
Annie @ angellot

Anonymous said...

hey, i read the article and didn't think the pic was that bad! you just looked like a busy business woman :)

and by now you are a celebrity in the blogging world, so next time you'll be featured as a celebrity mom :P

Shanewei said...

Etavasi: thanks :)

Annie & Whitecat: Thanks babes.. we must get together someday soon. and i do not aspire to be celebrity mum, just your usual mum-next-door.. haha ;p

babelittlethings said...

Yo! I miss out entirely! U are on it? Gosh!