Becks

Friday 11 April 2008




I have never cried that much after my issues with x-man was settled but few days ago, my tears had a great time falling freely and happily from my eyes which would have made the monsoon rain proud.



And all because of one man, another man, not x-man. This man has injected so much fun, laughter and joy in my life for the last two and a half years that with him gone, i suddenly feel like i have being 'divorced' the second time round. The irony is, i wasn’t even in a ‘relationship’ with him in the first place.



Becks, the first ‘ang moh’ man in my life and one i know no other ang moh can ever replace. From the world he was in previously, he blended extremely well into ours, experiencing everything without hesitation. He is game for anything. He tried durians and loved it and he can even eat more than me. I remembered when he first came to Singapore, he brought me to Top Ten in Orchard Towers to meet his friends without knowing what kind of place that was. I didn’t know too until he sent me off in a cab 15 minutes later and on the way to the taxi stand, he finally told me why. That was not a place for a 'decent' girl like me. Haha, yes, i was very decent then :)



He is a very easy going man, exceptionally well-spoken, smart and very adaptable. Becks is at ease chatting with anyone, from the cleaners, to taxi drivers to any senior executive. I’m most impressed by his linguist skills. He is good with his bahasa as well as mandarin and is fast at picking up our local dialects although i wouldn’t repeat some of the dialect words he learned from the taxi drivers.



Shane is so smitten with him that when he knows his favourite uncle is leaving for good, he cried badly. The wizard uncle who played bat and throwing ball and running around the office with him. Shane's special magician uncle. I did a 20minutes video for Becks and on his last nite in Singapore, i played for him at his farewell party. The vid was very difficult for me to make, not just piecing each clip, but going through so many old pictures, the emotion was a bit too overwhelming for me. It took 48hours to complete, leaving me completely exhausted for the few days after. But it’s all worth it. By the end of the vid, everyone had tears in their eyes. Becks is indeed a special man to many of us.



After the party, he texted me, telling me that both shane and i have such a special place in his heart and i can send Shane to him and his parents in London anytime. Little did he know, he has a special place in both our hearts too. I dunno when i’m seeing him again but if all went well, i’ll see him again in Osaka end of this year.



In London last year, he brought me and Aud to The Ivy’s for lunch, a very popular celeb-watching restaurant that needed an advance booking of at least five months ahead. He made arrangements and took us both to Sussex for a day where we enjoyed our first countryside experience out of London.



Becks, he is someone that is hard to forget.

 
I will miss you mate!
 
 
Note: He's really a great colleague and friend at work - don't anyhow think ah.. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaawwww how not to miss a guy like that

Anonymous said...

like this current song. becks is a lucky man to have u miss him. i'm sure u guys will meet again. take care.

babelittlethings said...

Oh he is gone already? Haha! Bannkanita! I miss those BKK days! And that familiar stage! gosh! It's just like yesterday!

Shanewei said...

Snowie: yes exactly, how not to miss? i dunno.

Tony: haha.. he doesn't know he's that lucky! :)

Babe: i miss those days too, all our fun and wonderful moments. still remember where the stage is? can't believe we went there and did all those embarassing things..haha but it were all worth it, we had fond memories now. xx