What's Cooking?

Saturday 11 March 2006


(...two days ago news)

I enjoy cooking. Tremendously. But I really hate washing up after the big act.

Me and Shane have been eating out lately coz Mommy Bird was busy with work.

For dinner tonite, I decided to cook pasta for Shane and the same boring steak for myself. I bought too much tenderloin last week, and my mom-in-law (ex) kept reminding me to finish up whatever I have in my fridge before doing that grand pasar-shopping again.

She came to my current place before for dinner and she was shocked with the amount of food choking-up my cold-storage! So instead of boring steam vegetables, I decided to finish up all that were bought months ago. Except Shane's food. I made sure his were not more than a week old.

I ran out of spaghetti and decided to use Thai Rice Noodle instead. This rice noodle is often used to make the famous Phad Thai and now, I used it to make pasta for Shane!



You have to soak the noodle for at least 15 minutes before boiling them in hot water.




See, here's his favourite sausage and I'm slicing it up to attract him into eating later.

I used to buy Prego's pasta sauce for him, but as I often will refrigerate the unused portion, it'll take sometime before I used it all up. As Shane is the only one eating pasta, I'm kinda worried about keeping the sauce for too long, thus I'm now using Ayam brand pasta sauce. It has tuna, cheese and traces of mushroom in it. This small can is enough for me to cook one meal for Shane. No leftover.

Next for me, the same usual boring steak. This time, I used black peppercorns, salt, peppercorns meddley and dash of cayenne pepper, the super hot type. Topped it up with fresh garlic and baked in oven for max 15 minutes.





DADA....here's Shane's rice noodle pasta with sausage plus bits of bacon bites and my humble simple steak... Tuck in now!!






They said, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! That is the most accurate statement ever. See how my handsome prince enjoyed his pasta - going straight for the sausages!! Yummy!




But I HATE this!!!! Arrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!




A grouchy Shane after dinner coz I refused to let him have his police car which was kept in the store.

No comments: