Shallow, Thy Name Is Man

Friday 24 March 2006


Of course, not all.

I do wonder, sometimes, what men are looking for in a woman.

Quite often, I am asked what I am looking for in a man, so how about me turning the table around and ask you guys instead?

From these 5Bs, namely: Beauty, Body, Boobs, Butts, Brain, which will you be most interested in? Oh, don't give me the crap that personality is most important, coz I know more often than not, men are indeed shallow when it comes to women. Of course, not all.

Who doesn't like a pretty face? I will also take a second look if I walk past a 'pretty-face' man. Beauty, is subjective. Cliché, yes. What you think is beautiful may look like 'ship wreckage' to another! Truthfully, I think first impression counts. At least if I like how you look, I won't find you annoying to begin with!

Last week, I was at a pub with Ange. When she went to the ladies, a guy came over with his friend and started chatting me up. He asked me:

"What is a pretty girl like you doing here alone?"

"I am with a friend and she just happened to visit the ladies"

"Are you a local?"

(Well, well, I decide to play along a little . . .)

"No, not exactly"

"Where are you from?"

"Thailand" I answered.. (Not exactly a lie, that's my one-quarter heritage)

"No wonder. You have nice features and your eyes are big. Most Thai girls are very beautiful. So what are you doing here, on holiday or you're staying here?"

"Holiday with my family"

"Errrr… as in husband or?"

"Yes, with my husband"

"Oh..your husband is one lucky guy but where is he"

"He's with friends - boys nite out"

"Oh, you are not afraid he is out with girls"

"Sometimes it's best not to know too much. Ignorance is bliss"

"You are so pretty. If you are not married, I would love to date you. Actually, I don't mind you having a husband"

"But I MIND"

With that, he quickly excused himself . . . For all you know, that guy could well be married too!

Has the mariage institution became so insignificant these days that it has dropped to the lowest regards? Is it really that fun dallying in meaningless and frivolous affairs? Maybe so. Forbidden fruit is poisonous, deadly but yet has this natural appeal that most men desire to have just a little bite. Lust. One of the seven sins.

To put this across plainly: Apple tastes sweeter when it's stolen, is it?


No comments: