Over The Last Few Days..

Sunday 21 December 2008



I overate, slept in, watched movies with Shane, went office occassionally (i know i'm supposed to be on leave but my office is like my second home and i do enjoy the company of my girls) and of course, some 'Mommy-Me Time' :)


Went lunch with the gang on Wed at Borgo. No, diet can wait until after Chinese New Year!


DSC04921


DSC04926


DSC04935


Dinner and Drinks with my lovelies on Friday before everyone decides to disappear for the next two weeks:


DSC04938
Had dinner at Restaurant Ember (again!). I chosed it! :)


DSC04955
As always, i had my foie gras and beef tenderloin. Their food presentations were somewhat different from the last.


DSC04982
Next, drinks at The Screening Room.


DSC04972


DSC04976


2
We had our Round II of 'Truth & Dare'. Have you played that before? I didn't want the boring old style where everyone takes their turn. Rather i made them drew out number cards i prepared beforehand and the dices were rolled to determine the 'victim'.


DSC04998
This was my number - Magic Ten.


1
The girls were busy scribbling their Truth questions and silly embarassing Dares .


DSC04994


3
We had an amazing nite just drinking, chatting and acting silly. Try this game at your next Girls' Nite Out. You can check this site http://www.getdare.com/index.php for ideas.


And today, i did something frivolously fun. I blinged stuffs for my sisters, nieces and girlfriends. Yes, bling blings are for girls.


DSC05031
Do you like the sparkling effect on my picture? Sorry if i put one too many. I just learnt how to do this from the web today, so it's rather exciting for me. If you want to know how to create this, here's the tutorial to guide you: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/sparkle/. I had the photoshop program for over two years but never knew how to use it well. I didn't know this effect can be done using photoshop until i saw Eve's pic and i googled for it. I also came across this site that allows download of its stars and sparkles brushes. Here you go, you might like it too - http://www.photoshopbrushes.com/brushes/28.htm.


DSC05035


DSC05039


DSC05049


DSC05057


DSC05058


Here are what you need to get started:


1) Glue. You'll need special glue that dries up fast, clear and water-proof. Mine is 'Perfect Deco' which cost about S$8.80.

2) Magic Pick S$16.90. This toothpick-like applicator has a rubber end that helps you pick up the rhinestones effortlessly. It works hand in hand with the double side tape found on top of the rectangular pad next to it.

3) Pen S$2.00. Length app 8.5cm.

4) Toothpicks. I use this to dot the glue on the pen bit by bit.

5) Lastly, size 10 Swarovski flatback rhinestones. I used different shades of pink (Fuchsia, Rose & Light Rose) and green (Olivine, Peridot & Erinite) for my two pens as shown in the pics above. Each pack are sold in 144 pieces and cost about S$5.40 per pack. All the materials shown here are from Mix & Match at #02-69 People’s Park Centre.


Now that you know where to get the materials, go try blinging something for someone today. It holds more meaning than getting your good friend that Red Lipstick from Chanel.