Music To My Ears

Friday 12 December 2008



Shane has been taking music lessons for the past eight months and out of drum, violin and piano, he loves playing the piano most. Well, if you think i'm one of those 'kiasu' mother who forced her kid to go for these classes, you are very far from the truth. With the exception of piano, Shane was in love with drum and violin. I started him off with drum lesson which was the first instrument he wanted to learn and a week later, i started him on piano. i got him a violin too at that time. However, i didn't like the group classes he attended at Yamaha and i stopped him after 3 lessons. Now he's happily taking individual violin class for four months already at the same music school as his drum and piano and is loving them all.


I love the elegant sound of piano since young but unfortunately, had no chance to learn. Shane is my little piano teacher at home and he would get me to practise with him. What i enjoy most is listening to my kid playing my favourite instrument. Here's a clip showing Shane playing one of my favourite song - Long Long Ago. I gather taking vids of him practising is a good way for him to learn from his mistakes. Surprisingly, Shane agrees with me too.