Somethings's Gotta Give

Monday 21 January 2008




So, can liking or even love be based on looks alone? When i'm 56 years old and still single, if a hot, cute thirty something doctor comes along and falls madly in love with me, and i for no particular reason, choose him and not a four-year-older than me man, then i probably may have fallen for the good looks of the young doctor. But what about that young doctor? Well...ahhem, he probably choose me and not some sweet-looking girl his age because he must have think me is the hottest woman in the world loh, what else can that be right?


Or if i'm one of the richest women in the world, haha :) then i'm sure you peeps will probably say the young doctor falls for my golds and diamonds, stocks and shares. How boring, so predictable!


May I ask then, what do you look for when qualifying 'the one'? Are looks and money really that important?


I had the pleasure of giving my qualifications to Lynn over lunch last Friday. What started the conversation was Mommy Al telling us how Champion asked a certain Mr. Tan to source for 'candidates' for me! And he told Mr. Tan "not too ugly" ya. Champion is so cute lah, i think he is secretly worried i will just work and work and stay single my whole life. And i know for certain, he shared this concern with my current CIO when she happened to be in town last August.


What exactly am i looking for in a 'mate'. About two years ago, i wrote this entry:


<http://www.moblog.com.sg/blogger/blog.asp?uid=341586EF-A4A8-4011-B747-B75AFBD21490&cdt=1-Dec-2005&bdt=26-Dec-2005>

And, i still maintain my stand. I'm looking for someone who can make me laugh, no matter he is twenty years younger or twenty years older, no matter he looks like Mr. Bean or Mr. Reeves. Physical 'looks' are subjective. Your trash could be my treasure ;p


But that person must be able to support himself. I don't need him to support me or Shane but of course, if he can support both of us, why not right? I promise to be a good, obedient stay-home wife/mum and cook all his favourite dishes at mealtimes. Haha.


If you know someone who is funny and is able to support himself, please email me at wei1616@gmail.com. Hmmm, but i can't promise i will reply though ;p




We made some bookmarks together last week, with pictures we found on the internet. Everyday at home now is very challenging. It's like 'racing against time' and i know it's gonna stay this way for a long time to come.


Shane goes Primary One and so is his Mommy. Shane does his homework every nite, so does his Mommy. Shane goes to bed early but not Mommy. Mommy has to pack school books for the next day, wash school shirt, socks and shoes (still can't understand why the school shoes can get so dirty after only ONE day!) and ironing as well.


Please tell me, who is the one going Primary school these days?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

both looks & money are the least important to me when it comes to hunting down "the one"...infact its NOT important to me at all =)

WOW!!! ur handmade bookmarks luks great. if u keep on toyin' wif those graphics' tools and mastered 'em, ur gonna put me out of business real soon ^____^

do u BELIEVE wat i just commented on ur blog? pls DUN cos besides the 2nd paragraphs everythin on the first are LIES =P

Anonymous said...

Looks and money both important to me.. muahahahaha. and please Mommy, don't overstress yourself and it's ok for kids to have dirty shoes to school. I know because my shoes were always dirty. hahaha

Shanewei said...

gymrat: how have you been? hope things are well for you. thanks for your compliments on my bookmarks, they are just so-so only lah :)

tony: i know, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good Mummy! Nice bookmarks. I think its very good to be hands on together on arts and crats with your child plus it's a good way of bonding too!

Cheers BLT

Anonymous said...

yo! I revived my blogspot! keke! BLT

Damian said...

how hard is it to find someone who can make you laugh?

Shanewei said...

BLT: haha..it's time lah :)

Damian: It's hard to find someone who can make me laugh "from my heart". And i think i may have found that person but we don't belong to the same 'world'. Alas, such is life.

Damian said...

a smile that comes from within the heart.. nw that's not easy.. but i get where you are coming from.. right person, wrong place. right place wrong person. endless permutations, mockery of life..

Shanewei said...

Damian: Yes. The mockery of life.