From Music To One Nite Stand

Saturday 26 January 2008




I blog 'better' when i have music playing in the background, especially if it's one that used to be on my repeat mode. Not sure about you, but i have this habit of putting a song i like on repeat mode for several days straight without getting bored of it. That i call 'my songs-of-the-moment'. Different songs-of-the-moment have different special meanings to me. Sometimes it involved certain people and other times, a particular peiod of my life.


What makes a good song? Lyrics or music? For me i think it's more the music that chains me than the lyrics.


Was chatting with Jen, somehow our topics went from music to kids to men to ONS - one nite stand (casual sex). We have very different views about ONS. Me, coming from a rather traditional family, i am glad to say i have never once indulged in such dalliance. I don't think very highly of it and i feel such intimacy shouldn't happen between two people who barely know each other or who just want to satisfy their physical needs. Moreover, being a mom, makes it just plain not right. Not that being a mom can't, but being a single mom somehow makes me wanna set things right for my son, and cultivating the right values from day one. Having said that, i also do not abhor those who particpate in this. For this is just me, my own preferred way of living my life. You have a right to yours.


I am someone who have issues detaching physical (read: intimacy) from emotions. Therefore, should i ever allow myself one chance at this frivolous affair, it definitely must have that little touch: feelings. Which will then lead to another reason why ONS will never be part of my life: commitment. Not that i have issues with commitment, but sharing such intimate indulgence with someone who regarded it as another afternoon high-tea is just so 'not for me'. That guy must share the same level of commitment as me for i dislike having my feelings trampled all over nor having my emotions tossed out of the window like a used condom. Especially now with my status, i can't just 'do it'. I have my son's pride and feelings to think of. I'm no longer just me. I'm a mother and i want to be a responsible mother and the best that i can be and one who thinks not just for herself but for how her son will feel or how people will look at him. It's not easy being in my shoes but hey, i like it this way and trust me, i do not dislike my life, not the slightest bit :)


Having Shane is the best thing that happen to me, apart from being born into a family of great parents and wonderful siblings. I count my blessings of having the bestest boss and great working colleagues. Unlike the famous phrase "We are not friends, we are just colleagues", i'm happy to say "We are not just colleagues, we are also friends". In fact, good friends! It's so nice to work in a place where you have more friends than colleagues and it makes coming to work a lot bearable :)


Was on a conference call on Thursday when Champion popped his head into my room asking, "Are you going to Key Biscayne?" I told him "no" coz i wasn't being invited. So now, i'm hoping someone somewhere will wrech me an invite for i know Champion is going to buy his three "Stars" a special dinner at Key Biscayne. I want to tag along for some free trip, free food, free wine and an opportunity to bask myself in Champion's 'intellectual philosophies'! Yes, i'm very much a playful mom too! ;p


Oh, did i tell you i'm part of the parents supportive group in Shane's school? It's so exciting and my first assignment? A Yakult trip. It was so fun but it's most tiring too. Being teachers are not easy. I truly salute them for i can't imagine myself handling 24 hyper active and super cute kids who seem to have inherit a super ability of talking incessantly without the need for breaks. I am most impressed!









3


Off to some packing now. Mommy is jetting to cold Shanghai next week. I will miss my baby and his snuggling close to me at nite.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's tough but you're a brave soldier! Dress warmly in Shanghai. Light snow this week.

p'ta

Shanewei said...

P'Ta: Light snow? Where did you get that info from? Don't trust that source anymore, it's inaccurate!! ;p