We Will Hold On Together

Sunday 2 March 2008



If we hold on together, i know our dreams will never die.


While searching for an old song “Hold On’ by Mari Hamada, i came across this song by Diana Ross. Brought back memories of my younger, carefree days. Days where i basically live for the moment, eat, sleep, study, gossip about other girls and giggle over some guys i secretly fancy. This song is not merely a song that bridges me to my past but now i find myself appreciating its lyrics slightly more than before.


Yes, call it whatever you like, an emotional boost? Yes, i need that constantly.


I’m trying to realise Shane’s dreams, not just academically-wise but in every way I can. And as long as it's what he wants, i will do my best to help him fulfill that dream. Though I may be overly rushing into things, but as far as I’m concern, while i’m still breathing and while i can afford, i want him to get only the best. Dreams mould us to who we are. We all need dreams. Especially a child.


After the trial piano lesson, Shane fell in love with it. Who wouldn't? It not only sound beautiful but the piano itself is a beautiful piece of art. And i bought him a piano which was delivered yesterday and he’s starting his individual classical piano lesson on Monday.



DSC02759a



Shane has been very happy playing off tune on the piano as well as jamming it out on his drum. Seeing my child so happy makes it all so worthwhile, isn't it?


Some said i spoilt my kid too much. Maybe i did. To a woman, her child is far more important that anyone, what more about me. Shane is all i have. Without him, i wouldn't have what i have today. He inspires me. He motivates me. He completes my life. When i told him i am fat, he told me gently, "Mommy, you are not fat, you are just right. You are perfect!". And when i chided him for forgetting what homework he needed to do and asked him what can he remember? "I only remember you" was all he said. So pray tell, how could i not love a child like that and give him all i can? How could i not reciprocate that innocent, delicate love of his?



DSC02734a

"The person I like most is Mommy. She loves me very much"




15 comments:

Rachel said...

you know, your love for each other is so evident that i get touched just by reading our posts everytime. ;)

Shane is lucky to have u as a mommy, who really puts in effort to give her child the best..like what u said, i think all mommy's feel like that.

Is Shane aware how lucky he is to have you also? As he grow older and starts to have friends, will he remember that mommy always puts him before herself? Will he appreciate that he can get things that he desires so easily as compared to others who might not have the same luxury?

Just some random thoughts.... hope u dont mind the questions.. they're not meant to be answered.

Anonymous said...

Shane is sooo lucky! & ya such a great mummy! :)

Shanewei said...

You know Rachel, i'm not bothered by what will happen in the future:) What i'm doing now for him is not a pre-payment or an insurance to take care of me when i grow old and neither is it a tool to bind him to me years later. No doubt he gets things as he desires much easily than some kids, but i have always make him stay grounded and look at life realistically. However, whether or not he really understand this, only time will tell. I can't guarantee he will turn out a fine young man in the future. But what i can do now as a mother is to support what her son wants to do, as long as it's within reasonable demands and within good moral values plus prayers for him. And when i'm grey and wrinkled and should Shane decides to abandon me, all i can say is that's my life but this will not deter me from doing anything but the best for him. Again, I'm sure most mommies will agree with me on that. Which is why, a mother will love her child with all her heart and that comes with no strings attached! :)


Shu Fang: Ahhh... you secretly read my blog ahh.. how are you? Next time i'm on SQ, make sure you give me plenty of champagne ah!! :))

Anonymous said...

Haha, i read openly tt's why i tagged ma! It's pretty tirin havin to wake up so early in da mornin to makeup & tie bun. However it's quite fun to hang ard with my mates. Yes yes, nxt time when i'm a senior then i'll give ya more champagne ok ? Haha i can only serve in Economy class for hmm, first yr ? :)

Take care!!

Jaya said...

Hi there- I just discovered your blog through EntreCard, and really enjoyed reading through it. What a beautiful child your Shane is! It is wonderful to feel the love you have for him, while reading your posts.

You say any mother would feel the same, but sadly it is not true. I work with teenagers who come from very bad situations, and most of them did not get the sort of love and nurturing from their mothers that you so joyfully give to Shane.

Shanewei said...

Shufang: Jia You ohr...! I would love to see you in your uniform someday :)

Jaya: Thanks for your comment. I felt very sad that some kids/teens do not get the same love from their mother. I really feel for them and I don't know what's wrong with their mothers. Mothers are meant to be holding their kids hands from the day they were born and continue to hold until their kids can fend for themselves. No one knows how long that will take but a mother should never give up holding their kids' hands. I hope that these kids will find comfort and joy in the people around them who cares for them. xx

drwiz said...

This is why I love entrecard, It gives me surprises like your blog, Shane is just amazing, lovely boy...I'd call you a lucky mom of a lucky boy :)

Will be back to read more...

Themuxicbox said...

Hi there! This is unrelated to the post but to answer the comment u made on my blog ;D Platinum's scientific chinese name is 铂 but commonly its referred to as 白金 by the Chinese ;D

Anonymous said...

kevinsingh - glad u and shane 're doing good..!! =D take caree!!

Anonymous said...

Great Mom with Great Kids, thats all i can see :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, ok sure ! Meetup when we've da chance ! :)

Unknown said...

akai is willing to teach Shane the ancient art of the zither (coughs*GUZHENG*coughs) , please drop me a tinker :p

jokes aside, the sight of your little man always makes me smile, he looks just the way children should be, carefree, happy, and most importantly, contented in his innocence.

Damian said...

a mother's love is the greatest driving force in the world. way to go~ :)

Shanewei said...

drwiz: thank you for being so kind :) i found some new reading materials thru entrecard too!!

themusicbox: as you can already see, my chinese is not very good .. ;p

kevin: hey there kiddo.. how have you been? how's school? take care alright?

neoryan08: thanks.. :)

Shufang: i must meet you and simon one day. can't wait to see your transformation leh..everyone in my office hopes you will do well. gambatte neh..

akai: so you have a new blog? where??.. :) so u play the guzheng.. how's school? are the guys in your class treating you well :)

damian: loooong way to go ... :)

Unknown said...

darling G , i graduated already! Laughs! i dont blog anymore, though probably am falling to temptation of a daily style blog. for the good of those people, save them from my insane ramblings!

I hope G and Shane is well! stay dry!