BBQ

Monday 24 March 2008






I love BBQ!!


Went on a mini BBQ picnic with Al, Ed and Little Luke on Friday. It was fun and now, i want to have a mini BBQ pit at home too so i can have BBQ anytime!! haha. But it's no fun starting fire and unless i want to burn the whole house down, starting fire is not really my forte. Can i leave it to the guys please?? :)


They brought a tent too! So yes, i want to buy one tent now as well. :))))) The boys didn't wanna go home and Shane said he wanted to stay overnite there which fortunately we didn't. Given me a choice anytime, i still wanna go home. I like my humble home, my warm bed and my cosy bathroom!






The boys had fun trying to fly kites.




This was at East Coast, so it was not sun set. Rather it was moon-rise. So pretty rite, and the moon was so big and round, was it the Chinese month 15th yet??




And finally Shane's first SSO - Casual Concert. The Maestro today is my favorite - Lan Shui. I shall find a nice picture of him and post it here. If you know him, tell him i like him :) Al was the one who 'introduced' Lan Shui and Casual Concert to me five years ago.




No photography allowed but you guys know me, there are some rules i like to break, so here's a 'stolen' pic i took.




After the concert, Shane was hungry and he wanted to eat the almond brownie from Gelare.







But he kept pinching my waffle with chocolate and brandy cherry ice-cream! His eyes was a bit red coz i scolded him for not eating what he ordered :(





(All pictures above are taken with my Samsung Z720)



Passed by Eu Yan Seng in Raffles City and bought some cordyceps, apparently good for those with respiratory problems. It's so expensive. Four of those bundles combined are about the size of my two thumbs! Shane has just recovered from cough and he has slight asthma. I had childhood asthma so Shane got that from me. I'm going to boil this into soup for him and this herb was once worms! Ewwwww. The lady at EYS told me that i must put them in the freezer. I innocently asked whether will they turn back to worms if i didn't freeze them?? O.O




For Shane's well being, i'm going to make this twice a month.


So, i will shop less from now on :)



ps: Not sure if you like thai songs, but if you do, turn up your volume now coz this song that i'm currently featuring is a very beautiful song. If you don't understand the lyrics, just enjoy the beautiful saxaphone music :). If you want to google for this song, the title in thai is 'kid theung ter took tee tee you khon dieu' . . . loosely translated as "I miss you always (by myself)" by Koh Mr. Saxman feat. Jennifer Kim. My thai is not good, pardon me :)



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cordyceps are like gold, the prices fluctuate.
Tony

Anonymous said...

kevinsingh - school's been good..lots of ups and down in life , still doing good i guess..u too take care aight =D starting the bbq fire can sure be a pain in the ass sometime , i took an hr lighting it up last weekkkkk!

Ed or Edmund Tay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ed or Edmund Tay said...

Hi! just bumped into your sight from Entrecard.

Your son looks really happy!

Btw, u got an interesting blog!

Shelia said...

Great post, and really nice pictures.

The children are so cute! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Have a great weekend! :D

Unknown said...

Cute kids!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I love the pics and I love to eat too. I am so hungry now..

Shanewei said...

tony: quite true..

kevin: u had a BBQ too? how nice. another 2 months to go before the holidays come in..yipee..! :)

ed: thank you.

shelia: the boys definitely enjoyed it. they didn't wanna go home at the end of the day!!

carol: thank you :)

sherry: thanks.. i love to eat too but now i must be careful to watch what i eat, trying to lose weigght u see :p

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Funny pictures, you got there, cute kid too. (As well as a cute mom!)

Nice blog, dropped my card, see you around! :)

Shanewei said...

Thank You jo0lz. Your site is under maintenance when i tried to accesss. 'See' you around too :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know, was fixing the sidebars, there were (still are...) some issues with them.

Ah well. :D

Anonymous said...

Shane is looking as such a big boy now :)