Yesterday

Saturday 21 January 2006


Started as per normal.

Sent Shane to school.

Sent myself to work.

Picked Shane @ 2pm.

Went home to pack.

Sent Shane to his mama's (his paternal grandma, aka my ex-mom-in-law) office.

Yes, I am still keeping in touch with my former parents-in-law. In a way, they are still very much part of my other 'family' and I'll try to see them once a while. In fact, we used to live together before the separation. I got along very well with them and I enjoyed having them with me.

Chatted with 'Mom' for a while. Halfway through our chat, she mentioned to me she read about my horoscope somewhere that I'm very independent. And 'Mom' agreed 100% to this statement.

Independence. Do you think it's good or is it another curse?

A bit of both I think.

I admit being somewhat independent but to be honest I don't enjoy it 100%. It makes me 'alone'. Guess that's the price to pay.

Anyway, went to Johnson's wedding dinner at night. Johnson is my bestest pal Fen's brother. Ohhh... I enjoyed wedding!! Maybe it's because I don't get to have one myself so I enjoyed going to others. Now that you know, invite me to your wedding next time! =)

After dinner, met up with my next bestest pal Rita!! Man, haven't seen her for ages! She is, as always so gorgeous. Were at the Ying Yang Party @ Indochine, dress gear: Oriental Chic.


See how chic she is?

Need more drinks?

Mr. Chinatown getting hyper!!

And now, who says I don't like my right profile?? =D


And one guy seated at the next table at lunch today asked me whether I am Malay or Chinese.

LOL. I am Chinese but since young, I've being mistaken for: mostly Malay, next is Thai, Filipino, Japanese and listen to this ==> Vietnamese!! The last was a little puzzling though. I can't comprehend that. I feel most Vietnamese girls have this sweet, soft and demure look and please lah, I don't think any of the adjectives suits me!

It was often a family joke that I was picked up from the trash can outside my home coz I am the only one in the family that got mistaken by everybody else to be anything but Chinese! But for self-consolation, my grandma is half thai, so perhaps that's where I picked up my genes from!

But the funniest was a Chinese man actually asked me for road directions in Bahasa Melayu back home!! That happened many times although not all asked for road directions lah!!

Maybe I have a multi-racial face =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u don't look chinese

Anonymous said...

kakak cantik! You look like Michel Yeo and Zhang Zhi Yi combine in Memoir of a Geisha!..kekeke!!!:)