Drum-Roll Please

Saturday 16 February 2008






It's time to start some formal music lesson for Shane and i believe in allowing my child to pursue his interest freely. The word has spoken, Shane wanted to learn to play drum (i secretly wished he will choose piano coz i like the look of those ivory keys and the elegant sound).


So I signed him up for a drum class and bought him a drum set - Pearl Target in steel blue color at the music school. I was told that Pearl Drum is the leader in the marching percussion industry and their drums were endorsed by a lot of top performing bands. Shane chosed the color himself. Paid S$1050 for the set which i later found out from our biggest local musical instrument store - Swee Lee Music's website that they are selling at S$730 (include GST) for the same set. Argghhh... i am definitely calling up the school tomorrow to get a refund or something. My fault for not doing a proper 'homework' before buying them. (Updated: Feb 17 - the music school is gonna refund me the amount i 'overpaid'. I'm delighted!)


Btw, does anyone have any comment about Pearl Target vs Tama ImperialStar? I browsed the net and read that the Tama Drum is the top drum brand in Japan and has better sound quality. Delivery is next Tuesday, so i still have time to change if i want :)


More pictures will follow next. And Shane has also mentioned he wanted to learn to play the violin, so i signed up a trial lesson for him. And i have also secretly signed him up for a trial piano lesson hoping he will like to play the piano as well. Hehe :) If not, then i go learn it myself lor :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids now are luckier than kids our time. Shane is lucky. Which music school did you sign him up for?
-Tony

monkeycrab said...

i am also learning the drums now! it's really good fun. glad that shane likes it too.

Anonymous said...

"And i have also secretly signed him up for a trial piano lesson hoping he will like to play the piano as well. "

HAAHAHHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Pearl and Tama are on equal level of quality, but to be honest he will be able to chose which one is better for him, ad surely your little champ are way much luckier then me and in the good old days I learn (self thought, I was then 9 years old) to play drum in the church and I am start playing drum ever since and never have a chance to have my own drum set!! But Music is the way to make every one to be a better quality person in everything!! Cheers..